Waukesha and Lake Country Martial Art Programs in Wisconsin
American Dojo offers karate program options at both our Waukesha and Hartland martial arts Dojos to meet the needs & goals of most any family or individual. Browse our program sub-menu to find out more about the specific program(s) of interest to you. For even more information, simply give us a call at 262-542-2888, and speak with one of our Black Belt staff members. You can also find out more by registering for a free Waukesha martial arts trial that will enable you to try us out and see for yourself whether our martial arts programs could be a good fit for you or your family.
The following information includes some general advantages that students have found most valuable in our programs.
The Advantages of Martial Arts for Families:
- Tae Kwon Do, and other Waukesha martial arts, utilize physically & mentally disciplined training, and belt rank reward system to build confidence and self-esteem as well as self-discipline, respect, concentration and courtesy among the family members.
- Martial Arts, as taught at American Dojo, encourages both kids and adults to have leadership attitudes, and practicing the martial arts exercises allow them to embody the powerful character qualities that they will carry with them into their daily lives.
- Martial Arts can be ideal for children who do not thrive in team sports, giving them the ability to flourish in this more individualized activity, while combining physical and mental practices.
- Many do not realize this, but it is a fact that martial arts training is safer than most school/ competitive sports.
- Children, and even adults with special needs, such as ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), ADHD, learning difficulties, and hyperactivity are often recommended by their therapists to participate in martial arts at American Dojo because of the clear benefits in our structured training techniques.
When choosing a Wisconsin martial arts academy, watch for the following important qualities:
- Trained & certified Black Belt staff, enthusiastic students and parents at the facility.
- A structured curriculum that includes not only physical requirements for advancement, but which encourages personal character development as well.
- An experienced and certified master martial arts instructor who engages, inspires, motivates, and encourages his students in a disciplined environment.
- The academy should be well equipped with matted floors, full-length mirrors, targets, and other training aids, all in clean & like-new condition.
- An adequate area from which parents/ siblings can clearly view classes, without being a distraction to the class.
- A student creed that reflects the values of the academy, as well as the values of importance to your family.
- Trained and certified support staff and assistant instructors.
Contact American Dojo Family Martial Arts Academy today at 262-542-2888 for your free martial arts lesson in Waukesha or Hartland, Wisconsin
Youth & Family Martial Arts in Waukesha & Hartland
Empowering students’ souls through martial arts is a cornerstone to Waukesha martial arts instruction at America Dojo. Our Youth and Family Waukesha martial arts and karate for kids classes teach children and adults life skills to improve their leadership abilities and quality of life. Experience the scheduling advantages our Youth and Family Waukesha martial arts classes will provide you and your family! Learn more about our Youth & Family Martial Arts Programs.
Teen and Adult Martial Arts & Self-Defense Classes
American Dojo’s Waukesha martial arts and self-defense classes are fun, healthy activities for teenagers and adults to strengthen the mind, body and spirit. New martial arts classes in Waukesha and Hartland will burn fat and tone muscle, increase self-confidence and self-esteem and release stress. Try our extreme fitness classes in the Milwaukee area if you’re an experienced martial artists looking to advance to the next level. Learn more about our Teen & Adult Martial Arts Programs.
Martial Arts Classes for Homeschooled Students
American Dojo provides daytime physical education to home-schooled children through martial arts instruction in Waukesha, Hartland and throughout the Lake County area. Our Waukesha martial arts and karate for kids programs instill students with a positive mental attitude to learn success-building habits like goal setting, leadership qualities and perseverance. Experience stronger mental and emotional health with increased physical agility, balance, and flexibility with Waukesha martial arts classes in Waukesha and Lake County! Learn more about our Homeschool Martial Arts Program.
Character Development & Leadership Through Martial Arts
Enrolling your child in American Dojo’s character development and youth leadership programs in Waukesha and Hartland are two of the best decisions you could ever make for them. POWerful Character Development builds the body with Master Konley’s challenging Waukesha martial arts instruction and expands the mind with Dr. Silverman’s character lessons. Dr. Silverman teaches powerful monthly lessons on respect, self-control, responsibility, confidence, sportsmanship and other character based concepts helping children develop character traits to make a stronger contribution at home, school, and in the community. American Dojo’s youth leadership and child development programs in Waukesha and Hartland focus on your child’s future by providing your child or teen a more well-rounded, spiritual and physical education absent from traditional martial arts instruction in Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Lake County. We turn today’s Waukesha martial arts students into tomorrow’s leaders! Learn more about our POWerful Character Development Program.